Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2 Years Living In Uganda


Two years ago I hugged my precious family goodbye,
as I moved to Uganda.

I can still remember the feeling as my feet touched the soil and
knew I was finally Home.

Little did I know all that God would have in store. 

I never would have imagined two years would go by and I
still wouldn't see my family or friends.

Although missing them is harder some days then I can bear,

One thing I know to be true,

God is faithful and He is always there.

In the first few months of living in Uganda,

life would have its ups and downs.

I'd conquer my fear of being alone,

As I journeyed through the city by Boda {Motorcycle}

Each time I would be reminded that God is always there with me.

In my darkest nights and when the loneliness would settle in,
He'd gently whisper that I am never alone.

I found my Jesus more and more each day.

I met Precious James and Nakato and would share their story with you all.

God would move the financial mountain and James would receive the
 life changing surgery of a shunt.

Today almost 2 years later James walks and he talks. 

Only God!!

God would begin whisper to my heart that our home needed to be
opened sooner then I thought.

We'd take the first step and begin the paperwork process to become an NGO.

I'd spend every moment I could sharing with the street children,

We'd spend days together, holidays and special moments as we'd sit on
 the side walk passing out breakfast.

Little by little God would move our mountains and soon we were fully registered!!

~

We prayed God would direct us to the house He had for us and soon we moved in.

Repairs were made, walls painted and

Soon our home awaited the arrival of our precious 'Gems'.

On July 10th - the long awaited day would finally arrive!


Soon our arms would spill over with 'Gems'


Best Friends would be made...


And we'd fall head over heels in - love in more ways then one..



~
Our hearts would break and ache as our Precious Arthur met Jesus.


Not a day goes by that we don't miss our sweet boy.

In October our home would ache again as our sweet Jason would meet Jesus.


So much grief and pain that I could hardly breathe. 

I'd never known so much pain and loss as I held my babies earthly bodies,
 in my arms for the very last time.


We'd grieve and we cling to Him knowing that their bodies no 
longer struggle to breathe.

But now they breathe heavenly air.

No more pain for their bodies.

Yet we miss them and we grieve.

~


Soon our home would rejoice again as we welcomed home 'Gem' after 'Gem'...

Little ones who are severely malnourished,

some rescued from horrible abuse that is unimaginable

would find our home filled with hope and healing..


Our Jonah would find the courage to smile again.


Our Zeke would heal from his abuse.

~

Laughter would fill our home with Joy and friendship..


We'd have dance parties!


Our Staff would grow and grow!



~

So much Joy and Love.




My heart overflows...

He is so faithful to us!

He has taken our ashes and turned it into such beauty.




I am so humbled that I have this enormous honour and privilege of 

caring for His most precious Gems.



I never would have imagined all that God would do.

Two years from the day I moved to Uganda,

24 precious gems sleep soundly downstairs.


{My two newest 'Gems' arrived yesterday.
Both suffering from severe abuse and malnutrition.}

Tears fill my eyes.

I'm so humbled that I get to,

I get to love His treasures.

If someone asked me if I'd do it all over again.

I'd say yes a thousand times.

My Gems are worth it.

And even more.

xo


6 comments:

Nana Jul said...

Amazing - Those precious children radiate the Love they have been shown. What a beautiful journey you are on. Thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus for all the Gems!
Julie

KW said...

Can you share the names of your two newest gems? I would like to pray for them by name. Of course I will be praying for them regardless. :) Thank you for your faithfulness in God's faithfulness !

Jessemyn said...

Thanking God you heard His call and went! May He richly and daily provide all that you need!

Chrisann said...

What a precious daughter of the King you are, Miss Emma. What a privilege to serve in the land you love. What a difference Jesus is making through your obedience. Big hugs to you! Happy 2 year anniversary!

Jan J. said...

Congratulations on two years! Look how much God has accomplished through you in that time. What an amazing journey you are on. That photo of your new gems makes me weep. So happy and thankful to know they have a place to be loved and fed and cared about.

Created 4 Him said...

That's two years of beauty from ashes! God has gifted you with a beautiful heart of compassion and love. May He always be your source of strength and discernment, kindness and joy, peace and grace. Your faithfulness and obedience to Him speaks volumes and inspires others to, likewise, be faithful and obey in the direction God takes them. May your days be filled with His contentment and peace as you love on so many precious children. May he grant you health and restful sleep. May He be your guard (Isaiah 52:12). With love, Danica