Sunday, July 27, 2014

Today is Your Wedding Day...


Today, little brother, is the day we've all been waiting for -

 today is your Wedding Day!

I can hardly believe that we are all grown up.

 It feels like just yesterday that we were playing dress up.

Walking down the aisle of our living room - 

I was the bride and you were my groom.

How quickly time passes!

Remembering and cherishing the sweet childhood memories.

Since the day you were born we've been the best of friends.

The best little brother a girl could ever have!

Memories flash through my mind of our childhood days.




Like the time I tried to get you to catch me as I jumped off the fridge,

or the time we built our own clubhouse in the woods.

How about the times we played Army as we tossed mud clumps at each other?

As we grew up our bond continued to strengthen - 

you've always been there for me.

My encourager and confidant and role model - my little brother!

We then entered high school and all of the ups and downs it would bring.

Yet together we faced all of life's challenges.

Remember the times we'd eat Taco Bell for breakfast, just because?

Remembering those times we'd spend in the studio writing music?

And singing together at church -

such sweet memories.


~


{The Great Wall of China together!}


I still remember so clearly the day you turned 16 years old!

{Finally officially dating age in our family!!}

You made a phone call that would forever change your life.

You asked Savannah out on your first date and the rest is history!

Today not only are you getting married,

but today I am gaining another sister!



I couldn't be more overjoyed for this exciting journey 

that you two are about to embark on!

I'm so proud of both of you.

I wouldn't have ever guessed when I hugged you goodbye

bound for my Uganda

that I wouldn't be journeying home for your big day.

Yet I shared with you my heart and that it didn't look like

 I'd be coming home for your wedding day.

No doubt, with my sweet 'Gems' just arriving home,

there was no way to leave.

You, again, encouraged me as only my brother could!

You said there would be other memories and we would make up for it...

When God called me to Uganda, 

I stepped out in the unknown and all that it would bring.

I didn't see the sacrifices that would have to be made.

The birthdays and holidays I'd miss with my family.

But I'd do it all over again in a heart beat..

Each one of my 'Gems' downstairs are worth it.

And in this season I have such peace.

Although my heart longs to be there,

I take comfort in His Embrace.

So proud of you little brother as you go to the altar

with your beautiful bride and say 

"I do"

I'm so thankful for technology so that I will witness this moment -

via Skype with, no doubt, many tears..

I love you both so much and I am so thankful for the bond that we share!

Thank you for always being there for me and encouraging me,

for {literally} being my shoulder to cry on, my confidant and my friend!

You're one of a kind and the best little brother a girl could ever have.

I love you so much Gray!

Happy Wedding Day from my Uganda and all of my 'Gems'.

Always missing you...

-Xoxo


4 comments:

Becky L. said...

Oh what precious memories amd tribute to your brother. I wish you peace today, many miles away from family.
Technology is good, Skype the blessed event is next best thing. You don't have to worry about making the plane. Thanks for what you're doing for your sweet children, in the name of Jesus. Hugs!

Chrisann said...

So sweet, Emma! I have a little brother too, and it is a sweet bond indeed. Thank you for calling God's call on your life, no matter the cost. It encourages all of us to do the same. Love you!

Jeanette Hohnke said...

So flippin' sweet

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...


What a beautiful letter to your brother! Praying Skype works and your will be at the wedding!

Blessings & Hugs,
Suzanne