Monday, July 7, 2014

Guess What We're "Expecting"??






Our due date is official:

The gems are coming home on 
Thursday,
July 10, 2014


With only a few days left they arrive,

the reality is really starting to set in.

Our Home is about to be overflowing and we can hardly wait!

Our sweet 'gems' have completely stolen my heart.

I'm so in love with each one of them for so many different reasons.

Their smiles light up the room and so much is expressed,
 in each little sound and motion that they make.

I can't wait to be able to share their precious faces with you!

As I look back over all that God has done and is doing,

I am so amazed by the way He has woven this beautiful story,

As I held their hands in mine this very afternoon,

I kept being reminded of the call to serve in Uganda so many years ago.

I never would have imagined all that God was doing and going to do.

The dream and call is about to come a reality.

Tears threaten as I snuggled our 'Gems' close.

This beautiful story is a remarkable picture of His redemption plan.

Often in many parts of the world,

those born with special needs are treated as outcasts, unwanted,

unloved and can even thought to be cursed.

We endeavor to break the cycle and in turn impart to others

the infinite value of each little gem.

I am so very humbled that He would use me to care for his 'Gems'

With just a few days left until our 'Gems' arrive we have some urgent needs.

We need to raise a total of :

$3,500.

This will make it possible for us to purchase the remaining items
{food processor and juicer for feeding tubes, larger refrigerator, etc.}
needed for our home.

If you feel lead to donate, you can donate 
{and see complete list of needs} 
here:

Donate

Above all else please be praying for a smooth transition for our 'Gems' and staff!

Thank you for praying for us - it is such a blessing to know your praying!

We couldn't do it without your love and support!

In the meantime,
how about we play a little game?
Guess What We're Expecting 
and 
How Many Exactly are We Expecting??!!

Register your guesses in the comments below
or 
on Facebook...

*The person who guesses most accurately
will be sent a little Uganda gift.
If several guess accurately we will put the names 
in a basket and choose one winner.

On your mark....

Get set....

GO!!

Guess now!

How many Gems will be moving in
on Thursday 
and 
How many are girls?
How many are boys?




39 comments:

Helen Handley said...

2 girls and 3 boys.

Anonymous said...

6 boys and 5 girls! :) -monica sotolongo

Rhyan said...

Oh... let's see. I'm going to guess 5. 3 boys and 2 girls! Whoever they are and how ever many they will be, I am so unbelievably excited that they will be coming into your family. I pray for you as often as you come to my mind, which is a lot! Much love from Haiti!

Diane said...

12! 6 and 6! :)

Diane said...

12! 6 girls and 6 boys!

Beth said...

Here's my guess- 7 total with 3 boys and 4 girls!

Beth said...

My guess is 7 total- 3 boys and 4 girls!

Beth said...

Trying again to post my comment. My guess is 7 total- 3 boys and 4 girls!

andrea said...

Hmmm... This is fun :) I'm guessing 4 boys and 2 girls!

Can't wait to "meet" them!!! I understand you may not share much of their stories for reasons of confidentiality but I'm just wondering where they are coming from... Are these children coming from other orphanages that are not as well equipped to handle their needs?

Anonymous said...

I am guessing you are getting 5 Gems...3 girls & 2 boys.
My prayers surround you all!! I dream of one day joining you in Uganda! Blessings!
Grace

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

six gems, 3 boys, 3 girls, just like the Brady Bunch!

Blessings,
Suzanne

Jean said...

I'm in! 2 boys and 3 girls? This is so awesome! Only God could have done this! Praising HIM!! Feeling such joy and thankfulness!

Queen Zara said...

So excited for you (and a bit jealous lol) I'm guessing 7 girls and 3 boys. Praying for you!

Teresa said...

I'm going to guess 8. 5 girls and 3 boys. Can't wait to meet them all on here! :)

Lisa said...

13 all together....5 boys 8 girls

Teresa said...

I'm going to guess 9! 5 girls and 4 boys!
So excited for you Emma!I'm praying for you and the sweet Gems. (:

Anonymous said...

6 little Gems!

4 girls and 2 boys. :)

Blessings
Leah

Leah Robinson said...

6!

4 girls and 2 boys

blessings
Leah

Leah Robinson said...

6 gems

4 girls and 2 boys

Blessings
Leah

Leah Robinson said...

6 gems

4 girls and 2 boys

blessings
Leah

Cindy Jones said...

I am so excited that your rooms will soon have little ones in them. My guess is going to be 8. 4 boys and 4 girls. I like to keep things even. :-)

Bethanny-Jo said...

4 boys 3 girls so 7 kids 👶

Tori said...

12. 4 girls and 8 boys.

Sindy W said...

Pappa is so good! I'm guessing 7. 4 boys, 3 girls :)

CL Purchase said...

I guess 8 - five girls and three boys.

eSam said...

My guess is 5 boys and 6 girls. May God continue to bless the work of your hands.

Allison said...

I'll guess 9, 6 boys and 3 girls

Julie Horst said...

2 boys 6 girls :)

Jessica said...

2 boys

Lashae Bowen said...

9 -- 4 girls and 5 boys

Eve Stein said...

32: all girls

Amber said...

My guess is 4 in all. 3 girls 1 boy.

Sarah Jenik said...

9 gems, 6 boys, 3 girls. So excited to find out! :-))

Jaime DeBruyn said...

Mine is 16...7 girls, 9 boys! So excited for this journey you're beginning!!

Kati Mendez said...

I say 11, 4 boys, 7 girls. :)

angie said...

10 gems.... 6 boys and 4 girls :)

LynnieB said...

I say 17. - 11 boys and 6 girls. Praying for you all on your big day and always!

MtnGirl said...

I would say 8 boys; 4 girls.

Shannon Dingle said...

7 boys and 2 girls :)