Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Above and Beyond...






 In preparing to open the doors of

 The Gem Foundation

there have been many needs!

At first the needs were so great that it seemed overwhelming. 

But I was reminded of one thing,
God who called this ministry into being would provide.

I didn't know how or even when but He is faithful and
I knew that He would supply all of our needs.

As a Staff we prayed that our needs would be met, 
above and beyond 
all that we can think or even ask.

We waited with expectant hearts to see what God would do.

In April we had the amazing opportunity to host an

  International Voice of the Orphan GO team

who arrived to serve

and help prepare our home for our precious 'Gems'.

Little did I know that God was about to provide.

Not long after they arrived one of the ladies on the team, Linda,
pulled me aside and said she had been sent from her church
with a gift to donate to a need.

She continued to share with me that her church would like
to purchase our dining table!

I was amazed by His faithfulness!

What an incredible blessing this would be to our home and our 'Gems'
because to me, a dining table is somewhere you gather as a family -
to share a meal, to laugh and to experience love.

Later on that week we were able to journey to a local carpenter
and order a custom dining table,
specifically made to have wheelchairs roll up to the table!


Linda and I pictured with our custom designed dining table!

Thank you so much for giving our 'Gems' a place to grow, 
learn and share a family meal together!

No longer limited by their wheelchairs but instead able to 
participate in a family dinner together!

Thank you for being an answer to our prayers 
Crossroads Church of McHenry, Maryland!




I am so very excited that soon we will be opening our doors
and seeing this table filled
 with all of our 'Gems' sweet faces!

Soon little ones.

We're coming for you!



"And my God will supply every need of yours 
according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

No comments: