Monday, June 16, 2014

The Journey to You - Becoming My Sister



Today  is a very special day across the world...

My sweet little sister - Where has the time gone?!

It feels like just yesterday I held you in my arms for the very first time.

~

"She is malnourished. And so frail.

When I hold her in my arms I feel like I am holding a stick.

Her whole body so small. 

Her bones so obvious.  

When I hold her in my arms I feel that she will brake in pieces.

So sick and weak her body can not handle the food she throws up everything.

She has a huge need but it is not huge to GOD!" 


On June 8th, 2011 I wrote the above paragraph in a post titled -


Little did I know what a miracle God was about to perform!


Your frail little body was struggling for every breath.

Yet God breathed life into your lungs and day by day you began to heal.

I would have never imagined the journey 'we' -
my sweet sister were about to embark on.

Several weeks later I journeyed home,
with the sweet image of you imprinted on my heart...


So hard it was to say goodbye.

When we arrived back on American soil we received the most amazing email.

"Pastor Dwight you said you and Linny would do anything for her, 
will you believe with me God is going to heal her and will you adopt her?"

That's the day we would start a whole new journey -

The Journey to You - Becoming My Baby Sister.



In the fall of 2011 we would again board a plane.

This time Mom and I would begin the paper process to bring you home.



Looking back I stand utterly amazed by God!

When I first held you in my arms - I never would have imagined the journey
 God was about to unfold.

You have brought so much Joy into my life precious baby sister.

So hard to believe that today you are turning 4 years old!

I'm so wishing I could be there with you to celebrate and have a princess party!



Happy 4th Birthday precious baby sister!

I'm so thankful for the gift of you in my life -
Thank you for inspiring me and making me who I am today!

Xoxo

4 comments:

Angie 66 said...

What an awesome God we serve. What a lucky baby. So many people would love to adopt a baby from there and love it. I heard its almost impossible and very expensive
I would love that so much!

Angie 66 said...

Such an inspiring story. Want to read more, learn more always wanted to work for God by doing something special.

Rannah Evetts said...

So Beautiful!

Mom Of Many said...

I am so thankful for your selfless love for the orphan and particularly those with special needs. When most adults shy away from the broken, you run to them!! I love you so much!! Your life is inspirational and a pleasure to see unfold. xoxoxoxoxox