Friday, March 7, 2014

An Unexpected Honor...."Jeremiah"

Shortly after moving to Uganda,

 I rented my very first house.

First on the list: hire a night guard.
It's just a wise idea.

Of course, when hiring a guard you need to know that you can trust him
and
God provided an amazing Godly man through a friend's recommendation.

His name is N.

At night I can look out my window and see him sitting reading his Bible.

Studying scripture.

He truly is a blessing to me!

One day he shared with me about his family and 
he told me he and his wife were expecting their 3rd child.

Several weeks past and one day he came to me with excitement
to tell me that his wife was in labour!

We quickly got somethings together for the hospital!
 {In Uganda when you go to the hospital you have to
bring your own sheets, gloves, etc.}

Off N went to welcome his third child into the world.

That evening I got a phone call from N sharing that he had a son!

But thats not all he told me...

He proceeded to tell me that he and his wife
 wanted me to name their son.

I was shocked.

In Ugandan culture to name a child is the highest form of honor.

I was so overcome and humbled that N and his wife 
would want me to name their son.

I told him I would pray about it and ask God to give me a name for his son.

With much prayer God laid it on my heart to name him,

"Jeremiah"

His name means,

"The Lord is Exalted."

I am so excited to introduce you to Jeremiah,



He is beyond precious and has completely stolen my heart.


{N, P with Jeremiah and I.}

They brought me a chicken as a gift to thank me for hiring 
N and also naming Jeremiah.

I am beyond blessed to call them my friends.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do in Jeremiah's life and
feel so honored that I would have
 the privilege of naming him.

Isn't Jeremiah adorable?

2 comments:

Angie said...

He is adorable...and so chubby!!!

Tracy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! What a sweet little pudge he is. The whole post brought a huge smile to my face.