Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving in Uganda








                         Welcome to our little Thanksgiving celebration 
here in Uganda!

I'm so thankful you stopped by for a moment 
so you can 
see a little glimpse of our day.
  
I had the privilege of having several sweet friends 
join me at my home.

In bible study I have been sharing about some 
American traditions and 
I was so excited to make a feast and 
share it together.

We went around the table as we ate and 
talked about what 
we are thankful for this year.

I have been looking back and thinking what 
it was like last year.

I never would have imagined what it would 
be like just one year later.

I am so very blessed.

So many things have happened this past year that  
I am just blown away by the way God works.

He is always faithful and he continues to 
amaze me day after day.

I was so thankful to stop our normal routine
 and just reflect on what 
God has done this year.

I anxiously look forward to next year and 
all that it will bring.


We celebrated with chicken, 
stuffing made from scratch,
mashed potatoes, 
homemade green bean casserole, 
and maple carrots.

Of course this was the first taste for my sweet friends 
to have many of these American dishes.

We also had homemade Pumpkin and Apple pies!

It was so fun to see what they liked and to just share this day together.

They have told me they now wish to take this tradition of a meal; 
being thankful for their families.

From my home to yours - may your Thanksgiving 
be so very blessed!
Lots of love from Uganda,
Xo

12 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! How wonderful to share with new friends and family!

~Mindy
www.AdventuresInEveryDay.com

Stacey said...

Hello to Joseph, Nathan & Mary! This picture makes me homesick for you all! On this thanksgiving day, I'm thankful to know you and call you my friends!

Randi said...

I've never had maple carrots, but it REALLY sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing your day!

sundriedtomatoe said...

Sharing meals is the best. And Thanksgiving is one of the best meals to share!

Becky L. said...

Emma, it is good to see you and your friends. Glad you had a good day, even though far away from home. Thanks for serving Him and loving on children and others. Hugs and prayers!

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

Looks like a nice day with friends. :)

Hanna said...

We in Australia don't celebrate Thanksgiving Day but l love to hear the stories about their thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing your day. God bless you.

Created 4 Him said...

Your faithfulness in season and out of season blesses all of those around you, Emma. Well done! Please greet your friends from all of your friends back home. My family is thankful for you and for each precious part of your family, here and in Uganda. Danica

Created 4 Him said...

We're thankful for you, Emma, and God's mighty hand in your life. You're making a difference in His kingdom, for His glory. Please greet your Ugandan friends from all of us back home.

Renee said...

I am sure you missed your family, but it is wonderful you had friends to celebrate with. You remain in our prayers here in Iowa....

Mom Of Many said...

I wanted to let others comment, before leaving mine. Although we longed for you to be home, there is not doubt that you honored Him and made the most of the day. You are such a treasure. I loved seeing Joseph, Nathan and Mary celebrating their first American Thanksgiving. You are such a treasure to all who know you....we love you so much!! Thank you for welcoming so many into your home. xoxox

Mom Of Many said...

I wanted to let others comment, before leaving mine. Although we longed for you to be home, there is not doubt that you honored Him and made the most of the day. You are such a treasure. I loved seeing Joseph, Nathan and Mary celebrating their first American Thanksgiving. You are such a treasure to all who know you....we love you so much!! Thank you for welcoming so many into your home. xoxox