Saturday, July 6, 2013

6 months

***I've been offline for awhile due to the fact of having my computer crash :{  
Please pray that the hard drive will be able to be recovered.
 Then my power meter caught on fire - resulting in no power. 
But God is faithful and He protected us and there was no damage to my home. 
Then I had the honor of hosting a GO Team {they even stay at my home}.  
So many God-filled moments and stories that I will share soon..***


Six months ago I landed on African soil.

My heart was finally home.
  
 I never would have imagined what
 the next six months would bring.

If I were to write a book on my first six months as a full time missionary
it would be filled with many lessons learned and lessons I am still learning.

It'd be filled with sadness and tremendous triumphs.

It be filled with times where God has carried me and rescued me.

I've cried many tears and seen so much pain - the gut wrenching - heart-aching kind.

But I've seen such JOY! 

I have laughed and I have smiled more then I ever thought possible.

I've learned that with living far away from your loved ones
 full-time is painful and not a day goes by that 
I don't think about them, pray for them and miss them.

When I walked off the plane and heard the words 
"Welcome home" 
I never would have imagined what God had already planned for me.

I have loved every moment of these past few months and
will never forget those times or the divine moments.
I can't wait for the next six months and can't wait to see where God will lead me.
 Below is taken from my journal on January 6th, 2013:
{6 months ago} 
"God spoke to me so clearly and said, 
'take the first step, 
then I will give you step two'."

Xo

6 comments:

Renee said...

Wonderful to hear bits and pieces of your journey.....look forward to hearing more! Keeping you in prayer!

Renee said...

Wonderful to hear bits and pieces of your journey.....look forward to hearing more! Keeping you in prayer!

rosemary helene said...

Dear Emma, Wow! Six months. That's amazing. I hope you are doing well. So great to hear from you! You are so special. Love, prayers, and blessings to you. Hope you have a fabulous Sunday!
Rosemary

rosemary helene said...

And thank you for your love and dedication to God!

Chrisann said...

Happy 6 month anniversary! What a great adventure. I so appreciate your heart for Uganda and the beautiful people there along with your big heart for the Lord. What a combination! Can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings. Bless you - sweet daughter of the King!

Chrisann said...

Happy 6 month anniversary! What a great adventure. I so appreciate your heart for Uganda and the beautiful people there along with your big heart for the Lord. What a combination! Can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings. Bless you - sweet daughter of the King!