Saturday, February 2, 2013

Reunited {You Will Always Hold My Heart}




My babies.

Two words used to describe the babies that have stolen my heart.

They stole my heart years ago.

One little man named Watson.

The other, a sassy little girl, named Joan.

God had a purpose all along for putting these special treasures in my life.

They taught me so many different things.

They taught me something very significant that I will never forget.

They taught me the difference between just plain LOVE,

and what it felt like to LOVE like a Mama.

I earned the name "Mama Emma" from their sweet mouths.

The moment I heard them call me by that special name,

I knew my world would never be the same.

My heart was stolen with just one glance of there sweet faces.

I loved them more then I ever would have thought possible.

I loved them as if they were my own.

I met Watson many years ago, he was just a baby when I fell in love with him.

Joan arrived at the baby home as a shy little girl, she had already endured such painful circumstances in her little tiny life - unimaginable!

She would push away when being hugged.

She was scared of being loved.

She would yell at me and demand that I leave and go home.

When I'd arrive she'd tell me;

"Mama Emma come - you go!"

But I refused to have her push away.

I strived to love her anyway.

Every time I saw her I'd greet her and say hello.

Before I knew it she would no longer yell at me.

Instead she'd greet me and even give me a hug.

She stole my heart.

A sassy, spunky, sweet little thing.

I loved them so much and begged God for a family.

Joan was aging out of the baby home.

No family could be found for a child as old as her.

This past August I received heart-breaking news.

My babies had been moved to a permanent orphanage.

My heart was shattered in so many pieces.

I remember the buckets of tears that I cried.

But one thing I was reminded was that God had good plans for them.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you;
plans to give you a hope and a future"
~Jeremiah 29:11

Before long I was able to contact their new home.

I emailed them and explained the story of how I met them so long ago.

In no time I received such wonderful news,

inviting me to come and visit

"My beloved ones."

This past week I journeyed to meet them at their new home.

Just 6 months had passed since I'd last seen them.

At first I was worried they might have forgotten who I was.

But my fear was unfounded -  I was greeted with two sweet little words.

"Mommy Emma"


My babies, you will always hold my heart.

Xo

3 comments:

Lara said...

Em, Ambrose still talks about Joan almost daily. He misses her so much. Lately, his thing has been wanting to send her a gift. Let me know when a team is coming over so we can send something with them. Thank you for loving her!

RaD said...

Oh my, I hope you get too see them often. They may not be able to adopted now, but with their mama coming often they still will know they are loved by someone!

It may not be ideal, but as you stated, God knows and has a plan.

Rose said...

Precious, so precious! Gives me a lump in my throat. Faithful, faithful God. Love you, Emma!