Thursday, January 31, 2013

House Hunters International: The Palm Tree



{Shawn, Me, Sarah, Jethro, My sister Moreen}

 It all started several months ago as I planned for moving to Africa.

One of my biggest worries was where will I live?

One day fellow missionaries and dear friends  Shawn and Sarah 
and their son Jethro came by for a visit.

Sarah proceeded to share with me how they would love to have me rent a home with them.

I prayed about it and knew it was the right decision.

I shared with them,

"Yes I would love to rent and live with you guys!"

They would be moving to Uganda on December 31st.

I would be moving less than one week later.

We began to pray that God would provide the perfect house for us.

My siblings started praying.

Friends began praying.

I emailed my prayer team and they were on it!

Around the world people were praying.

Thankfully for the first 3 weeks I would be staying with the IVO team
 as I was helping my Dad lead the teams.

Shawn, Sarah and Jethro would be staying at the API Volunteer House
 while we searched.

In Uganda there is no such thing as a realtor.

So as you can imagine searching for a house is a bit hard.

One of my Ugandan brothers began to search for us.

High and low and everything in-between.

Looking for anyone, who might know someone,
who would possibly have a house for rent.

So we prayed and waited.

We felt like we were on HGTV's show of House Hunters International.

And then we prayed and waited some more.

Then one day we got a phone call,

so off we went to check it out.

The conditions of the house were not-so-good.

Cement floors and squaties for bathrooms.

We could make it work. 

But it was way out of budget.

With wise counsel we decided we didn't want to rush anything.

We knew God had a special house for us.

We just had to have patience.

So we waited.

Finally we got another call and checked out a few more houses.

None of which were for us.

All out of budget and far away from town.

So we prayed some more and kept waiting.

Then on Sunday as I was walking into church,

I heard someone yell my name.

I turned around and to my surprise a dear friend of mine named H was there!

We talked and I shared with her how we were house hunting, but hadn't found a house yet.

A few days passed and I got a phone call from H - she shared with me that 
a friend of a friend had a house for rent.

She asked if we'd be interested in seeing it.

Of course we were.

Now rewind really quick:

When asking God to provide a house.

I asked that He would provide this one small thing as a sign
that it's the house He had for us.

On Wednesday we headed to the house to see it.

You would not believe what greeted my eyes.

Remember that prayer I prayed? 

That He would make it clear to me.

Boy oh boy He couldn't have made it clearer.

Remember that house we looked at with cement floors?

This house has tile floors!

Remember those squaties?

This house has a toilet!

Remember that sign from God that He would make it clear?

In the center of the yard that sign stands clear and tall.




One lone tall palm tree stands as you enter the gate
{just like the one at my parent's home in Phoenix}.

My prayer was answered.

The sign was crystal clear.

Did I mention that this house is under budget?

He is so faithful to me!

"Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart"

Psalm 37:4

Move in date is this coming Tuesday.

Please be praying for a smooth move!

In the meantime I'm off to search for a bed and some of our most needed items :}

Thank you all for your prayers, we couldn't have done it without you!

Sendings lots of love from Africa.

Xo

16 comments:

Audrey said...

Absolutely awesome God He is! Because you have obeyed Him and left father and mother and brothers and sisters for the sake of the Gospel, He will return to you the same, but multiplied exponentially. I've seen this happen in my own life. Enjoy the continued adventure with the Lord!

MamaFoster said...

you are so much like your mom :)

so glad that GOD provided!

April said...

Yippee Jesus as your Mama would and probably did say! I'm so excited for you! The looks from the outside look so inviting. Can't wait to see pictures of the inside of your new home. Sending lots of love! Praying for you! xoxo

bytheriver said...

Wonderful!

Lori Poppinga said...

Praise the Lord!

Liberty Hudson said...

Hallelujah!!Oh,Emma,I know you don't know me,but I am so happy for you.And,so tickled that you got a clear sign,and a little piece of home!!

Liberty Hudson said...

Hallelujah!!Oh,Emma,I know you don't know me,but I am so happy for you.And,so tickled that you got a clear sign,and a little piece of home!!

Boy oh Boy oh Boy! said...

Praise God! I'm so happy for you!

Blessings,
Amy P.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy God is providing just what you need. You are such a wonderful testimony to others. Hug those babies for me(Tempy fostermom for GA)Tell them someone in GA Loves them. Jan Camp

Chrisann said...

So excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see the "reveal". Blessings!

Nana Jul said...

God is so Awesome!! I am so happy for you!!
Julie

Stacey said...

Praise God!!

Heather said...

Blessings on your new home and the continued gifts of God, both the ones He works for you and those He works through you!

Jan J. said...

How perfect is God's love? So happy for you Emma!

Anonymous said...

Ain't God good!!!!! So glad you will br living with someone too!:)
Joy

mamãe said...

He is faithful! :)