Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Droppin' My Nets





Just four days from today,

the adventure will begin.

 I will be boarding a plane bound for where my heart calls home.

 I will be saying goodbye to my loved ones.

I am horrible at goodbyes.

Home will become a new place.

I've always heard people say

"home is where the heart is"

but my heart will no longer be in one place,

it will be in two different places that happen to be an ocean apart.

I was reading my bible the other day and I remembered
how God called the disciples to leave home.

God called me pretty much the same way.

He called me to leave my family and follow Him.

In the story of the first disciples in Mark {chapter 1}

He tells them to drop their nets and follow Him.

I was reading my Bible and then I got to thinking of how radically they followed Him.

They didn't say,

 "Wait Jesus, shouldn't I make sure I have money for this first?"

Or

"Let me first go pay off my debts, put some money in savings and then I'll follow you"

Nope they didn't.

Instead they dropped their nets and followed Him right that moment.

Isn't that radical?

That's how I want to live.

When He calls me,

 I don't want to hold anything back.

I want to drop all of my nets and follow Him.

I want to be a radical disciple for Him.

I have no idea what that is going to look like,

but I am laying all my nets down to follow Him.

 I am so excited as I am about to embark on an adventure of radically

serving Him full-time in Uganda.

Just four days until the greatest adventure begins.

I can hardly wait.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your hair in those pics!

Praying for you... safe travels!!!

Engendo said...

honored to call you a friend - and excited to follow your journey and definitely to come visit you :)

Michelle Kincaid said...

Woo hoo! I have recently been pondering the same thing about how the disciples followed Jesus. You are a great example girl!

Michelle

Karen said...

So excited for you! And looking forward to reading about what God is doing in Uganda in 2013!

Kandi said...

Committed to praying for you in the coming years. I am sure leaving is bittersweet. Can't wait to hear all your stories.

Kandi of Tucson, AZ

Jessica said...

So excited for you Emma!! Praise The Lord for your radical, Jesus loving heart!!!

April said...

I'm so excited to see you living radically for the Lord. Thank you for letting us be part of the whole radical adventure to serve our Lord and savior. We are blessed to be part of being able to support you. I'm so excited to be part of the prayer team. Praying for you every step of the way. Lots of love.

Susan A said...

Hi Emma, your post reminds me of Psalms 45:10,11

May the Lord go before you and prepare the way for you as you obey His calling :)

Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.

hartelijk said...

Hi Emma,

i am so excited for you, i will pray for you and your family as you say goodbye and travel and settle....May God go before you and pave the way for you.

I am curious though wher you will stay and if that is near your african brothers and sister?
And will you be able to visit with Sarah often?

Many blessings!
Adriana(Germany)

Rose said...

We are excited for you and praying for you! I'll be praying that the good-byes will be good, that the Spirit will give all of you comfort as you obey him. Love, Annalisa

jenny said...

Tomorrow is the big day. Praying for you and your sweet family (esp your mama) tonight, Emma. The Adventure begins!