Monday, December 17, 2012

My Biggest Need


{In the Slums -Working with API where I will be working and living}

Here I sit counting down the days in my head again.

The days have been passing in a blur of crazy fun activity.

Checklists and packing lists fill the time.

With a few things checked off, a few are left behind.

I constantly stop myself and say out loud

"I am moving to Uganda."

It's a crazy mix of disbelief and reality along with the fact that it's really happening.

Years ago I used to ponder and dream of fulfilling my life long calling.

It's weird to think it's finally come.

The day I board the plane and land and say

"Welcome Home"

will be the one I've dreamed of since so very long ago.

I am moving to Uganda I remind myself.

I try to make the memories last and capture them in my heart
so someday in Uganda I can take a peek at the glimpse of home
 that I love and the family that has my heart.

Yesterday we took a family photo by the Christmas tree at my church
 with most of my family, we are just missing a few.

{This is the picture that I will be printing to take along for the move}



Several of you have asked what else that I need,
there is really only one major need that I have.


The thing that I need the most is Monthly sponsors.

Isaiah 6:8 
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 
who shall I send and who will GO for us? 
And I said, 'Here I am Lord, send me.'"

I was called to Africa so very long ago at the age of 6 years old.

The night the Lord called me I heard so very clearly -

calling me to Africa to be a missionary to the orphan.

The first time I set my foot in Uganda I knew someday that I'd call it home.

July 2nd, 2008 made a permanent mark on my heart.


{One of my first pictures in Africa 2008}

It was the day my feet touched the ground on Ugandan Soil and the day
 that my life was forever changed.

I am moving to Uganda - East Africa on January 6th, 2013 

Would you ever consider joining the EmONAMISSION team?

Being apart of helping send me?


I will be living in Uganda permanently.

To live in Uganda I need roughly $1500 a month.

That's just 60 supporters at $25.00 a month or maybe 15 supporters at $100.00 a month
or a combination of the above.

Would you pray and ask God what He would have you give?

Maybe God has called you to support monthly or
maybe He has just called you to a one time donation.

You can be a part of helping send me by clicking on the donate button below:


Remember every donation makes a difference in helping serve the orphans of Uganda.
No donation is too small but everything given makes an incredible difference.

I have just one more need - Prayer Supporters
I would like a team of friends that I can email urgent prayer requests and updates,
 as well as news of my journey of living full time in Uganda.

Would you consider being a part of my Prayer Team? 

To Join the prayer team and email list you can email me at:

emma@internationalvoiceoftheorphan.com


Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
And on behalf of the orphans that I will serve,
thank you  as well.  

2 comments:

Kati Mendez said...

I am definitely signing up to donate per month, but I have to wait until this Friday to do so, as we had some bank transactions go crazy this week and they are in the process of fixing them right now so I have to wait before spending anything. And I definitely want to pray for you! Going to send you an email about that too!

April said...

I can't wait to hear how the Lord has provided and see all that He is going accomplish through you!