Monday, November 12, 2012

Childhood memories

Childhood memories.



                                           {my best friend growing up - Kelsi and Me}


Old journals filled with grown-up dreams.

I love everything that childhood brings.

Dollhouse and playing dress up.

Running with the boys and climbing trees.

Playing Army and having big brother make us carry bricks in our backpacks.

I loved everything about being a child.

I've been going through boxes of childhood memories trying to 
narrow it down to the things I may really need.

I forgot moving means you take everything.

But with moving across the ocean  I will only be able to take what can fit into three suitcases.

I've been sorting pictures and can't believe how fast life changes.

Going through box after box of childhood.

Boxes full of pictures, trinkets, dolls and old birthday cards.

Letters from my grandparents who will never write me another card.

I'm no longer dreaming of what I'll be when I grow up or filling journals with my dreams.

Now I am all grown up,

Or as grown up as I can be at 19 years old.



I am finally about to live out my biggest dream as a full time as a missionary to Uganda, East Africa.

I love childhood memories but I am looking forward to what the future brings!

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD,"
 plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.

5 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

I can't wait to see how God uses you in Uganda!

Renee said...

Looking forward to seeing God work through you as you follow your passion and God's plan for your life, Emma!

Taylor McAllen said...

arSO proud of you Emma! I'm so excited to see what God is going to do through you. Go rock the world girl! :)
Love,
Taylor

Audrey said...

My prayers go with you! God bless you!

Jessica said...

Emma I am so excited for what God has in store for your life in Uganda!! Jer 29:11 is a very special verse to me, as God gave me that scripture as confirmation for adopting from China. I hope to visit you in Uganda one day and work along side you. You are such an inspiration!!!