Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Caring for the Orphan and Widow.


Looking back I see all the moments of my time spent in Uganda from 2008 till now.

I see flashes of his face as he sits on the street all alone.


I see flashes of her face no more then skin and bones.



I see the worry on her face as she struggles to sell fruit
to feed her family.

I see him as he sits with no legs on the sidewalk and begs for money.

I see her as she longs to be loved by a mommy and daddy.

I see him as he tries to cover up his bruises and burns from his stepmother.

I see the shame in her eyes after being rescued from being sexual abuse at the hands of her father.


I see the pain and the sorrow.

Sometimes I ask myself why others don't see the pain that is in this World.

I ask myself time after time.

Some days the pain and sorrow lying in Uganda is beyond overwhelming.

I ask myself why others don't see the pain and sorrow.

But then I am reminded their eyes just haven't been opened yet.


God works in each of our hearts differently.

He opened my eyes as a little girl.

But not everyone is so blessed to see where God has called them at such a young age.

God might be using you as a key in opening others eyes.

Remember He has a purpose for each one of us.

Everyone can make a difference in this world.

I've had people ask me,

"Why Uganda?

Why not the kids here in the America?"

That's when I am reminded God called me to Africa for a specific purpose.

He called us all to do something for the Orphan.

You may not be called to Uganda or even to Africa.

But one thing is

  clear

He has called us all to do something for the Orphan.

The Bible tells us in James 1:27:

"Pure and Genuine religion in the sight of God the father means
 caring for the Orphans and widows in their distress."

God's word is

 clear

We are all called to do something.

For some He has called to spend our lives serving the Orphan.
Other may find their call a bit different,
like financially resourcing those on the field.

But everyone is called to do something for the Orphan.

I encourage you, if you are wondering where God has called you,

to leave a comment on my blog and I will be praying for you.


If you've ever felt called to GO and serve the Orphan check out:

International Voice of the Orphan





If you've ever longed to feed or provide for an Orphan then check this out:

{For just a dollar a day you can feed 3 children}

Frontlines feeding program


"You may not be able to change the whole World
 but you can change the World for one person"
-Mother Teresa

9 comments:

The Pronks said...

Dear Emma, we have been introduced to the orphans in Uganda through Amy. We are seeing God working there among those children through you who He has called to serve there. I hope that your travels there may be swift and easy. Thanks for all you have done for Amy. We love all of you serving there. And those dear dear orphans! May they experience God's comfort through you.

~Mélika~ said...

Emily,
I've been following your blog for some time and it's SO encouraging! Your heart for Uganda is absolutely beautiful. (: My family also feels strongly called to advocate for those without a voice. Myself personally, the Lord has given me a passion and a burden to rescue girls who have been involved in sex trafficking...it's a fire that has consumed me, much as Uganda is to you. The love for those people that is expressed in your blog is exactly how I feel for these precious little girls that need freedom that only Christ can give...
All that to say, I look forward to your posts...I'm so excited for you as you begin your journey to Uganda prettymuch permanently! (: Thank you so much for sharing your heart...it's such an encouragement to me and others (:

Ashton said...

So excited for you Emma as you start this journey! Praying for you and cannot wait to visit you in our beloved Uganda ;)

yellowgirl said...

WONDERFUL POST, EMMA. i have a little girl named Emma, and i hope she grows up to be a world-changer like you. she is adopted and has a heart for other kids who need forever families and a miracle in their birth families. GO! RUN! CHANGE THE WORLD!

basicsofnature said...

God speed to you. Because of you and your mother-we have embarked on our journey to foster and adopt here in America. Thank you for your blogging and opening our eyes--you have taught 2 children here in West Texas more about Uganda than this homeschool mom could have ever done on he own. Thank you, bless you and know that you all are in our prayers.

Tanya Fifer said...

We are starting a non-profit to fund orphanages and orphan causes around the world. Check out Global Orphan Initiative on facebook. We will be taking the cause of the orphan to Fortune 500 companies and asking them to support orphan causes in the countries where they do business. Please pray for us as we get this ministry up and running, as we'll be praying for you as you follow God's call on your life. Blessings!

Anna said...

I just wanted to know how grateful I am for all the encouraging posts that you write. I've been greatly motivated by them. I believe now that my calling is to go and be a missionary (Lord willing), although I am still waiting and praying for God to reveal where exactly my calling is.

You will be in my prayers as you finish preparing to move to Uganda!

Cassie Louise said...

Is that little boy on the sidewalk by any chance in front of the Watoto shop?

Rannah Evetts said...

I feel close to this post... Mother Teresa had it all right. God allowed her to see so much and help so many! I am so thankful he has allowed you to see so much and help so many as well.