Monday, October 15, 2012

Moving to Africa - An Adventure of a lifetime




Uganda.

A word I hold so dear.

The country I hold in my heart.

The people with smiling eyes and huge white smiles who draw me.

The children who have my heart around their  little pinky finger.

The soil so rich and ready for harvesting.

The tribes that have never heard the gospel.

The place I have dreamed of moving to for 13 years.

It is finally about to come true.

Weird to grow up dreaming to be a Missionary.

When  people would ask what I wanted to be when I grow up:
I'd smile and look up "A MISSIONARY" I would say.

The strange little girl they thought I was.

But God had put it on my heart.

Longing to work with Orphans.

I remember begging God when I was only six years old.

When I'd say my prayers I began to feel God calling me to Africa.

I remember praying this prayer every day and night.

"Dear God, would you please let me be a missionary to Africa?"

Yet years have passed and finally I am answering God's call on my life.

I am preparing to move to Uganda!

How long you may ask?

Permanently.

 It's where God has called me to be a lifer in East Africa.


I will be going as a Missionary under

 International Voice of The Orphan

For this I couldn't be happier.

If you haven't checked out their site, it's a must!

I will be partnering with A Perfect Injustice

Where I will be working with Abby and David Kkeeto
{dear friends of mine}

I will be helping out in there street programs and feeding programs.

On other day's I will be partnering with other ministries as I strive to learn the ropes of Uganda.

Where I will work with the best of my abilities to learn from my friends.

Where I will learn the culture.

The language.

{Yikes!}

Someday down the road I believe God has called me to start and Orphanage.

For now though I believe will be my time of preparation.

I will be preparing for the future.

I am so excited and I can't wait to officially be there!

Please be praying for me as I step out in faith and prepare to move to Africa!

More details to follow..

16 comments:

Serena said...

So excited to watch your journey unfold. You are an amazing lady and I am sure God is so pleased with your heart. God is going to do big things through you!

Molly said...

Yay!!!! Praying for you Emma!! Maybe the next time I'm in Uganda (after this trip of course) I'll get to see you!!! I love Uganda so much, and I know you love it more, almost hard to believe to me! Hehe :) I'll talk to you soon <3

Ashley said...

I am so happy and excited for you Emma! One day I will come to volunteer at your orphanage where after a long day of work (aka loving on little ones) we will sit and sip hot chocolate and chat. It may be many years from now, but I look forward to that day. :-)

EllenW said...

So very Very Happy for you Emma!!! God has called you for a long time and placed this desire in your heart, absolutely!! You are being obedient to his command. Hugs and I am so happy for you and proud of your deep faith! love, Ellen Wylie

Audrey said...

Emma I am so proud of you, although we have never met. You are truly an extraordinary young woman whom I know God will use mightily. I pray that you will always feel His presence with you, and that you will grow in intimacy with Him even as you serve Him in Uganda.

Sara said...

Love it Emma! We can not wait to be there with you in January! We can't wait to see His plans unfold for you and your life as you head over there! He is so faithful... it is sure to be an adventure!

Sara said...

Emma, I love it! WE can't wait to be there with you in January! We also can't wait to see His plans for your life and ministry unfold for you! It is sure to be an adventure! :)

Michelle said...

Wishing you all the best...

Renee said...

Emma
Renee here from the Knee Team...just wanted you to know how excited we are for you and look forward to hearing all God has planned for you and the orphans in Uganda....You will be in our prayers as you begin your own adventure in faithful living...

Cari said...

So excited for you, Emma! My daughter was adopted 2 years ago and she says she would like to go on a mission trip to Africa. Maybe when it's God time for her to go, we just might serve side-by-side with you. How cool would that be?!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you dear one!!!
Joy

Brittany said...

So excited for you! I'd love to do this too, when I get a little older. Praying for you.

Chrisann said...

So exciting, Emma! I know your heart is bursting with JOY. Can't wait to see all that the Lord will do.

Janet said...

I will pray for you! My heart boy which I have adopted in prayer is at the orphanage you are going too!Excited for you! Janet

jenny said...

Praying for you, dear Emma. May your joy be full as you step out for Jesus!

Candis said...

How do I become a regular supporter of God's work through you?

Candis
aknn9346@bellsouth.net