Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Widow to Grandma





              {all the Widow's and my dear friend Sara and Me}


James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: 
to look after orphans and widows in their distress."


In February we had a chance to minister to widows in a village in Tororo Eastern Uganda.


The ladies where so welcoming and it was a pleasure to sit and talk with these ladies.

One lady in particular stopped and had me sit  and she talked with me.
She shared with me that she would be my Ugandan Grandma.
That when I am in America I will say
 "aww I miss my grandma"


She was precious and continued to tell me that she would call me in Luganda 

"Sunshine" Because to her I bring her Sunshine.


She was so loving and  really after sitting and talking with her, I can still picture my Ugandan grandma.


Who would have thought I would go into a village and leave with a Grandma?!

Below my Ugandan Grandma and me

3 comments:

Susan A said...

how so beautiful, Emma :) Can she go and visit the baby orphanage and be a grandma for many of the little orphans there? Is it possible for the widows to visit the orphans? Maybe a fundraiser can be set up to buy a small van or something so that a group of widows can travel to and from their place to the orphanage? I think they (the babies) and the widows need each other and the Lord will bless them so much with love overflowing for each other, because the widows will understand the orphans' feelings and can do something about it by visiting them and bringing love to them. :)

Audrey said...

God bless you Emma. Over the last few days I have been despairing because of the apathy and rebellion in so many young people concerning the things of God.....and then I read your post! God always has a remnant. Continue to follow His leading, my dear. He has great things in store for you.

Lauren said...

That is such a sweet story! I love reading your blog!