Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Little Watson Cries..

{Watson,Me,Jerimiah}

At the baby home before every trip

 I have to prepare myself for not seeing some of my sweet babies.

Some of My babies are either adopted, 
reunited or fostered. 
Some are moved onto orphanages where they will remain until they turn eighteen.

Some of the changes are good but some just hurt on the inside.

This trip I had to prepare myself

for the fact that I won't be seeing my Edith.

I wouldn't be seeing Francis.

I wouldn't be seeing Gideon or Gilbert the 4 year old twin boys!

I wouldn't be seeing crazy little man Anthony.

I wouldn't be seeing shy little Barbara.

I wouldn't be seeing sweet little Stuart.

It's hard every trip I have to prepare myself.

Every trip when I say goodbye and hug them one more time.

I have no idea if I will ever see them again.

I have no idea if it will be the last time I hold them in my arms.

The time I held Edith in my arms and whispered I love you in Luganda
 "Un kwagala nyo"
 she whisperd back to me
"Un kwagala nyo"

It was the last time I ever got to tell her I love her.

The time I put her in bed was the last time I got to tuck her in bed.

Its always a different feeling to know they won't be there screaming
"MAMA EMMA" 
When I walk through the door.

It hurts and it hurts.
Saying goodbye is so painful.

This trip I had more goodbyes to say more love to give more hugs to treasure and store in my memory.
I had to hug one of my precious little man Watson goodbye.

There is talk he is leaving soon 
He has always been my baby

I met him when he was in the new babies room.

Now he is almost three years old!
He is a special needs little man but it never stops him.
He is the smartest little guy you'll ever meet!

He always has been my baby

He latched onto me this trip and wouldn't leave my side.
Everyday he would run to me and lift his arms up.
He is getting to be quite the talker so he'd point and say something like
"down there" as he pointed to the playground.

Really he's a smart boy!

He's always been the baby I look for when we arrive.

This time as I hugged him in my arms and told him I love him.

I  couldn't stop thinking this is most likely the last time I will get to hold him.

The last time I will whisper to him that 
"Jesus Loves him"
The last time I will whisper to him "I love you".

As I held him and went to put him down he burst out crying.
He knew I was leaving.
As the tears streamed down my face
I turned back for one last glimpse as he tried to catch me and the mama pulled him back.

His cries echoed as I walked away.

Oh Watson I wish I could bring you home with me,
 I love you little man!

I will never forget you for you have a place in my heart thats reserved only for you.

Please join me in praying for 
"Watson"
for healing for his special needs and a family! 

God has big plans for my little Watson!

5 comments:

Chrisann said...

So sweet Emma. God has given you such an amazing, tender heart. I know that many lives will be changed, including these precious ones - because of your obedience. Blessings.

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I know how you feel. I still can't even talk about Grace because it's just too painful....

Julie said...

Sweet, Post! Love hearing about your trips and all of the little ones.

Spencer Girls said...

God wipes our tears away and replaces them with his love.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Hi Em,

How sweet! You know, your being a mama to the kids there in Uganda and telling them Jesus loves them will really make a big impact...they will associate good, loving people with Jesus.

Keep up the good work!

God bless you!
Joy