Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The little boy in the striped shirt part three! SAFE!

This passed week we went to the slums,
but before we got there Courtney 
{one of the girls on the team} 
was feeling really sick.

 so as soon as we got to the slums
we switched van's and I went with her back to the guest house.


I was really sad as I left because I realized I wasn't going to get to see

"The Little Boy in the Striped shirt" 

I wasn't going to get to see his little brother either.

I was so sad. 

But I thought maybe somebody on the team will see him and take some pictures.


Well then Sunday came around and nobody had mentioned seeing him and his brother.

 I was so sad.

But then I looked over as I was coming out of church in Ssenge village 
and there was John {kisam's little brother} 
all dressed up and at church.

And then I found out that he has joined African Hearts Boy's home in Ssenge!
I was so excited and I couldn't believe it!!
I was so Happy!

Some of you may know "John" as the little boy who was trampled 
when we were getting ready for the wedding off of my mom's blog.

Then I asked about Kisam and found out that his guardian wouldn't release him
so that he could move to the boys home.

I was so heartbroken.

The little boy in the striped shirt was alone in the slums.

Then Friday came around as I walked up to greet the boys and Moreen.

I looked over and there was Kisam! 
He was safe!
At last finally he was being cared for and loved.

I am so excited to show you the little boys in the slums -
that are now safe at
African Hearts Boys Home!


Yippee Jesus!
That's God for you!
Thank you for all of your prayers!

 and now you can all see that -

GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS!

22 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

That is wonderful news! I'm so glad your there loving on all those kiddos right now.

Feona said...

Emma that's so wonderful!!!!! I think about those boys all the time after seeing their story on your mom's blog.I'm absolutely thrilled to know that they are safe and being cared for. I've been praying for you and your dad and the team. You are an inspiration Emma!

Leveta said...

That is wonderful! They are so precious and it is so wonderful to see that they are being loved and cared for.
Leveta

The Mom said...

This makes me so happy! I will tell you that the post I read over at your mom's blog was the post that has made a difference in my heart. I was on the fence about adopting, but now we are full steam ahead! How awesome is our God?!

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Wonderful! Those boys have been on my mind.

Jenay said...

Wow!!! How good is our God. That is amazing. Praise God.

Chrisann said...

Such great news!! I know your heart is doing flips!! What a good, kind, caring God we have. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

God is so GOOD!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great news! Love your blog and your heart! Stacy L in Wisconsin

Autumn said...

Awesome! Love to see God at work! Thank you for being such a good example of saying "yes" to Jesus and ministering to the orphan and so many others! Blessings to you as you follow His will for you.

Lindsey said...

Our God just rocks! It's not often you get to see a complete answer to prayer this side of heaven, but this was just amazing!

Katy said...

Praise God!

Janet said...

Emma, I follow your Moms blog and have been praying for these boys, They reminded me so much of my Grandsons that I named them after them.I am crying tears of joy that God led them to a safe place and at Gods faithfulness! I am so happy to know their names! Janet

Jodi said...

oh how incredible is our God!

Oh Dear said...

THIS TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!!!

hartelijk said...

Wow Emma, this is huge!
What a relief and what an awesome testimony to our living,caring God!
Tears of joy!
Many blessings on this trip!
Adriana

Pamela Early Settoon said...

Wow, love seeing this picture.

Rachel said...

Praise God! That is amazing. oh those precious boys!!!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing that. Those boys have been on my mind and in my prayers and I am so happy that they are safe! Now we'll just have to pray for a forever family for them. :)

Chad Candace said...

O my! That is awesome! I was totally heart broken when I read about them on your mom's blog. God does answers those prayers! Thank you for continuing to raise awareness for the orphans!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, I am sooooooooooo happy that they are safe and being cared for! And they have food now!! Yeah I have been praying for them and thinking about them!

AnaLisa said...

God, I pray right this moment for those two boys. Thank you For who they are and for who they will become. God, I pray for families for these two children if they do not already have one lined up. Amen! ... Praying Emma!