Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baby Daniella

I want to tell you all a story of one of the babies at the baby home that I met she is the sweetest little treasure and by little I mean LITTLE! 

She is tiny and beautiful.


I hadn't noticed her laying in her crib when I arrived until I saw that there was a baby inside the corner crib.

She was sleeping and so I just didn't realize she was there until Alei
 {one of the girls on the team} 
pointed her out to me.  There she was all skin and bones.

She is 10 months old. 

Almost the same age as my nephew.

She weights six pounds hardly a thing for being ten months old.

She has water on the brain due to being starved as a new baby.

She is malnourished. And so skinny.

When I hold her in my arms I feel like I am holding a stick.

Her whole body is so small. 

She is long but there is so many bones.

When I hold her in my arms I feel that she will brake in pieces.

She is so sick and weak her body can not handle the food she spits up and spits up everything and anything she eats.

She has a huge need but it is not huge to GOD!

This precious baby is in need of a stunt to help drain the water  that is in her brain.

Her head is enlarged because of the water.

She needs surgery and she needs it fast.

Will you join in praying with me for a miracle for my Baby Daniella.

Pray for her to be healthy enough to have surgery.

Pray that she stops throwing up and can keep her food down.

Will you pray that God provides a way for her to have her surgery?

Will you join me in praying for my baby Daniella?

{Due to security reasons I can not share a picture of her but trust me she is precious}

21 comments:

Joanne Reddell said...

I will join you in praying for Baby Daniella. Six pounds is what many babies weigh at birth, not at 10 months old. What a precious little one she is! Thank you for loving on her. Thank you for praying for her. Thank you for posting about her.

The Keierleber Characters said...

My daughter has a shunt-she was born with fluid on the brain. I want to come rescue this little one today! Will be praying!

Serena said...

I will be praying and interceding for sweet Daniella tonight.

Marcia said...

Emma, I just want to chime in and stand with you in agreement that GOD is big enough to do a miracle for this baby. Her story caught my attention especially because of her hydrocephalus and need for a shunt. I had the blessed privilege of being foster mama to an Asian princess who had hydrocephalus and the necessary shunt. Today she is a walking, talking, (running and laughing!), bright and smart, happy 5 year old living with a mama and papa of her very own. She is a miracle. I believe and pray with you for a miracle for baby Daniella. Be encouraged as you share God's love with her by being His arms holding you. No love is ever wasted. Blessings to you.

Kat said...

Praying...

Leslie said...

Praying!!

Lori said...

My heart is just so sad for that sweet baby girl. No child should ever have to suffer like this. I will lift her up and 'My Souls Joy' will do only what He does best.

Amber said...

Of course I will pray for this little sweet girl. Soooo sad, but God loves her and has a plan!

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

Joining you in prayer for this little one.

Blessings,
Suzanne

Jodi said...

oh sweet girl! praying with y'all! Thank you for sharing Daniella with us and speaking up for her!

Just Me - The Champion said...

Emma! I am totally praying for the sweet baby. On my knees before the Lord... Thanks for sharing. The least we can do is pray. Love you chica! So glad you are there so you can share stories with us about these precious kiddos. lv, jen

Katy said...

I will pray!

Shanny said...

Praying that sweet baby Daniella's body is healed. Praying that she grows stronger every day and that she receives the medical care she so desperately needs. Also praying for you Em and your entire team!

Anonymous said...

These people are very good if you need neurosurgery in Uganda. http://cure.org/hospitals/uganda/

The Family said...

Joining you in prayer for precious Daniella.

daysease said...

I liev in Italy, and...This is what I needed. this is what I miss... I miss hearing and seeing young people just love their hearts out for Jesus. I miss how infectious that is. Thank you... for sharing your love for our Saviour. For being passionate about following Him. Thank you for sharing, and blessing me tonight... I am honored and blessed to call you my sister. Blessings to you in Jesus' name... Praying for you, your team, Daniella, and each divine appointment you will have on your trip. May our Lord "bless you, Keep you, make His face shine up on you, be gracious to you, and give you peace" to Bless and bring glory to His name. Amen!!

Hanna said...

Yes I am praying for baby Daniella.

WalkOnWaterMom said...

Praying Emma!!! I pray that sweet baby girl is able to hold down fluids, little by little, and gain the strength to make it day by day! How I wish she was able to come to the states and have surgery! Praying for a miracle!!!!!

Judi Jeremiassen said...

Emma!
Bless your heart and am praying for Daniella that she will be strong enough to have a shunt that will allow her to begin the healing process. God is faithful and hears our prayers. Am praising Him for the answers already on the way.

Danielle said...

Sister,
We will pray with you.

Chad Candace said...

Praying for Baby Daniella! I am sure she is absolutely beautiful! Hydrocephalus runs in my family...unfortunately none of the babies that have been born with it have survived. She is already a sweet little miracle! Thank you for loving on all these precious little treasures! God Bless you and your family!