Thursday, April 28, 2011

Arriving Home - my heart cries!




I arrived home from Uganda early in the morning about 2:00am just one week ago.

The trip was long as I have come home being sick with strep!
But being sick this way is a good thing. 
Even though being sick is no fun.

It means something wonderful.

It means that I loved.

It means I loved and snuggled and kissed and held
babies,toddlers,children
who's noses wouldn't stop running,

who were so sick as i cuddled them and whispered to them that
"Jesus Loves them".

Who were hanging on to life by a thread.
It means I loved.
It means that I didn't hold back when snot was running down there clothes.
When there pants were dripping with pee.
Who were so malnourished that breathing was hard for them to do.

It means that I loved the kids who have never felt loved.
That I had the privilege to hold them.

Being able to love is a wonderful thing!

What are you going to do with your love?

Sometimes people wonder do I have enough love?

Yes yes you do.

Now what are you going to do with all that love?

Come to Uganda with me and I will show you:)

4 comments:

Janet said...

Oh what a beautiful thing to love! THANK YOU for loving those precious treasures! Blessings! Janet

Toaster4JC said...

Oh Emma, I love following your blog. You have such a tender spirit! Praying for you!

Amber said...

Emma,
I loved it! So good to love. And I would love to go back to Uganda soon! Love ya! Thanks for sharing from the heart.
Amber

Jenny said...

Emma,
This is Gabriel's Mom, Jenny. I am wondering if you know which of the kids you love on there are adoptable or is that not open knowledge? I'm assuming your little Edith isn't because I'm guessing your Mom would be on top of that? Just wondering....we know we are called to adopt an HIV child, just not sure where and when since we are plowing through some other stuff at the moment.
Thanks,
Jenny
jenandkids@verizon.net
Jenny