Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Answered prayer - my baby girl

Today a miracle took place,and I mean a miracle
Seriously bloggy friends God is so good!

Just Thursday 3 days before I left for Uganda
I received an email from a friend who volunteers at the baby home once a week.
In the letter it told me how my sweet baby girl that I love was leaving the baby home.
It said that they thought she would be gone by the time I arrived in Uganda.

{She was so sweet to email me and share the sad news}

My heart was shattered.
Everything inside me felt broken. 

I would never have the chance

to tell my darling girl  Edith I love her one more time.

To hug her sweet little body against mine and snuggle her  one more time.
I would never be able to tell her Goodbye.

I prepared myself for not seeing her sweet face greet me.
I felt sad and hopeless.
So I prayed and prayed:

"God please let me see her one more time
Find a way please"

So this afternoon I went to the baby home with the team.
Gideon who calls me "Mama  Emma" came running and through his arms around me.
I looked around NO Edith.
I turned somemore NO Edith.

I walked up the side walk  and up some stairs to the gazebo
Still NO Edith.

I met the Lady 
who was going to give the tour with for the team to see
 the whole baby home and hear the history.

I asked her "Is Edith here?" 
She said: "yes"
 {SHOCKED}
I said:
"She is? Where is she?"

As I turned around behind me she pointed to a baby
I said: "Edith"
She spun around and smiled and ran and ran with her arms open out she grabbed me in a hug.
She didn't let me go.
She hugged me tight.
As my eyes welled up with tears.
Yes God has answered my prayer my baby was here!

She held onto me the rest of the day never letting me go.
This is living proof that 
God does do miracles today!

24 comments:

Miss. Jinny said...

Oh Yippeee Jesus that is so amazing!! :) Tears where in my eyes as I read this sweet post. I love you and I am praying that God continues to move mountains as you guys are there.

Lexie said...

Oh emma...no words other than---Our God is awesome!

I have no doubt in my mind that she'll remember you for the rest of her days!

Scrappy quilter said...

Em, you have me in tears. What a wonderful God we serve. Give your mom a hug for me.

Nancy said...

Emma, where is Edith going? Do you know? Please let US know...am praying for you both...and for the whole team.

Hugs from CT...Nancy

Suzette said...

Praise God for such a sweet miracle that He let you see and feel! Rejoicing with you! Thanks for sharing such sweet news.

Luann said...

Tears in my eyes. So, so happy for you!

stephanie said...

oh Em, what will happen to Edith? is she still leaving?

but how good God is to let you love her and hold her again.

Keeping Miss Edith in my prayers.

Kurstie said...

Oh my gosh Emma! I am so happy you got to see Edith! I have been praying for you and your sweet babies in Uganda! I am so jealous of you for getting to go! I hope I get to go SOON!

EllenW said...

Emma, God is such a sovereign and mightly Lord. I am so thankful that you got to see Edith another time. She knows that you love her and I am hopeful that her move is for a good reason and hopeful. Keep us updated, we love to hear from you all. love, Ellen
PS When is the next trip to Uganda?

Joanne Reddell said...

What a miracle! Praise God! I'm so happy for you. Did you get any pictures with your sweet baby girl? I hope so!

Amber said...

Yeah! I am soooo happy she was still there! God is so GOOD!

Oh Dear said...

<3 AWESOME!!!

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

BEAUTIFUL!! OUR GOD ROCKS!

Blessings,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

And proof that He loves you both very much!
Joy

Tina said...

So glad the Lord answered your prayer. Praying that a family will come forth for Edith before she is transferred-He's worked miracles there before you know!

Tell Bethany her mom says hi and we miss her!

Annette said...

Oh, Emma! Tears are streaming. We serve such a great and awesome God! Thankful for the sweet miracle that God provided for you & Edith!!

Pamela Early Settoon said...

wow, what a blessing!! i'm so thankful that you got to see Edith one more time and how prescious it is to know that she got to be loved all day long. i follow your mom's blog and one day i want to go to uganda with ya'll.

Andrea Nicole said...

that's so wonderful, Em!! I'm happy for you! :) GOD IS GOOD!

Kristie said...

God can and will do miracles to those who pray! I am so glad you are back in Uganda!!! Have lots of fun!!!

Julie Hoagland said...

Precious.....breathtaking. No wonder you are such a blessing to your sweet mama!

Hezra said...

oh, sweet girl. I love your heart. I am so so SO glad your Edith was there for some more love. Lucky lil girl.(both of you) :-)

Just Me - The Champion said...

Emma... *through tears* Your heart is so compassionate.. your calling is so great. I am in awe of your strength, perserverance and love for the babies who have no mommies. I am in awe of you and your ministry. Thank you for being an example. God bless you sweet friend. Love you, praying for you. Give all the babies hugs from me. Lv, Jen

Tiffany said...

Oh I am so happy Edith was there! There are no words other than Praise God! So grateful you were able to have sweet time with her today.

Anonymous said...

Emma,

This is an awsome story.
Since you are so in love with this little one is there any chance your family could adopt her? I know you are to young to adopt her but what about your parents?
Sorry not trying to cause problems just was wondering.

Cyndi