Monday, February 7, 2011

7 Weeks and Counting

Today marks one more week gone.

One more week closer.
Closer to leaving for my Uganda.

The anticipation is building.

The Lists are being made.
Yesterday Abby Tracy

(director and founder of A Perfect Injustice)
the dreamer and amazing young lady who first helped me make connections in Uganda....

my friend who is giving her life away
{and I want to be just like her}.
She just inspires me.
Abby and her Ugandan fiance were at the River Church
yesterday speaking about their ministry in Uganda.
We brainstormed together and later this
afternoon my Momma
will tell you all about an exciting opportunity for each
of you to collect for an Orphan Project!
I am so excited for this upcoming trip.

I know God must have something big in store.


We will be working alongside with A Perfect Injustice at several of their ministries,


We will also be working in Ssenge Village at African Hearts.


And in the Slums with the street kids and at the feeding program.


Of course we will also be loving on the babies at the baby home and at several orphanages.


I can't wait!


I can't wait!


Only 7 weeks.


7 weeks.
Uganada - here I come!

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Love the pictures. You are such a special lady - so filled with God's love. Can't wait to see what He has in store for you - I am sure it is so much more that you can imagine.

God lover said...

I'm Janice...I met you during the meeting in Denver at the swimming pool...I couldn't talk you- I'm just shy and I really didn't know what to say. Anyway, I am very happy for you that God is calling you to do this. I am adopted and I've only been here in the US almost 2 1/2 yrs.- if you remember- and ever since I accepted Jesus Christ, He had called me to do things (my purpose in life)...He is doing it step by step. I was a worship leader at my orphanage, now I talk in public about my story especially Operation Christmas Child, and next stop will be in the foreign countries (that's the vision God gave me and He keeps reminding me). I am very proud of you- you are one true God-lover.

carey.thomas said...

May the Lord protect and defend you.
May He always shield you from shame.
May you come to be
In Israel a shining name.

May you be like Ruth and like Esther.
May you be deserving of praise.
Strengthen them, Oh Lord,
And keep them from the strangers' ways.

May God bless you and grant you long lives.
(May the Lord fulfill our Journey mercies prayer for you.)
May God make you good mothers and wives.
(May He send you husbands who will care for you.)

May the Lord protect and defend you.
May the Lord preserve you from pain.
Favor them, Oh Lord, with happiness and peace.
Oh, hear our journey mercies prayer. Amen.

I 'stole' this prayer for you, but it comes from the bottom of my heart. I'm on the african continent, born and bred, and admire your heart and fervour for this beautiful land that the enemy is so fast destroying. Go with God and His peace and protection!
Carey
South Africa

Laura said...

Emma, I recently found your blog and I am so happy I did! I have a heart for missions, and someday soon I would love to go to Uganda. I am so happy that you got to go to Uganda a sixth time! Does A perfect Injustice have a website? Thank you!

In Christ's love
~Laura