Monday, January 24, 2011

Fasting


Ever wanted to make a difference in an orphan's life?
Ever felt burdened for that one baby's face you saw in a magazine?

My heart is heavy with the babies I saw in Uganda

who are not adoptable at the moment.

I want to see them set free.

I want to see them adopted.

I want to see them being hugged and kissed goodnight by a mommy and daddy.

My heart grieves thinking about the babies that I left behind.

The babies who I am not there tonight to tuck in as they go to bed.

The babies I am not there tonight to hold and love.

The babies I am not there tonight to snuggle and wipe away there tears!

The babies I left.

It was the hardest moment of my life

as I hugged my baby Edith goodbye and told her "Un Kwagala Nyo" (I love you).

She knew I was leaving her.

She threw her dolly down that I had just given her.

And raced after me as I saw the nannies shut the gate.

Her tears pouring down her face.

Her cry echoing in my head as I left.

Days later I can still hear her crying as I leave.

And my heart aches and aches.

I miss her.

I miss all the babies that I left behind.
So tomorrow I am fasting.

I am fasting for kids all over the world to be released.

To be able to be adopted.

For families to rise up and adopt.

For families to cast down there fears and worries and step up for the orphan.

I am fasting for my babies I left.


"God can make a way when there seems to be no way"


Fasting when: Tomorrow - Tuesday January 25th, 2011

For: The Orphan


Matthew 18:20

"For where two or more are gathered in my name, I am there in their midst."
Please, please, please will you join me?

13 comments:

Laurie said...

Emma,
joining you!!!

Jim and April said...

Yes! I will join you! I've been messaging back and forth with your mom about going on the April trip with you girls! I will have to raise every single penny so im a little nervous about that but I remember from our adoption of Isaac that we didnt have the money then either but God raised it up for us and provided for us! My heart longs and desires to be there so tomorrow I will be praying about going with you, for the orphans and for those that are not adoptable right now! Thanks!

Tiffany said...

Emma, I will fast with you... for Edith, the boy in the striped shirt and his brother, for all the babies you fell in love with, for my babies where ever God has them at this moment and for orphans all over the world. I'll also be praying about my 14 year old daughter and I coming with you and your mom to Uganda (all I keep thinking about are orphans, adopting, Africa :)... not sure it will work out though because of school and little ones at home. But, Lord willing, one of these days I hope I meet you in Uganda to love on some precious babies :) Bless your sweet heart!

Jim and April said...

Emma...due to schedule I will choosing Wednesday as my fast day but will be doing it! ;0) Just a day later than you! ;0) love your heart and hope to meet you soon and go to Uganda in April with you and your mom!

Mom Of Many said...

Oh Emmy. I love you. I am so thankful that your heart has been broken for the orphan. I will fast with you. I want Edith to come home and I want all the others to have homes...and I want all 163 million to no longer be orphans...xoxo

Rebecca said...

I will fast with you tomorrow.

I'm also hoping I will be able to go on the April trip and if it won't work out then, hopefully one of the trips soon after.

karina said...

Emma, I am joining you in fasting for the orphan, and I will also be fasting for my sweet husband to open his heart to the orphan.

Suzette said...

Emma,
I will be fasting with you today for the cause that so burdens our hearts. Love your heart! If God be for us, who can be against us!

Anonymous said...

I am joining you!
Michaela Horton

Waitingfaithfully said...

Fasting with you today Emma. Thank you for your heart, though it aches, you are allowing God to use you as He will. Thank you from Edith and from all of those you have held, and continue to pray and fast for. May the Lord hold them closely as they wait, and may their waits be short--Lord we ask you together to please raise up familes, in Jesus name, Amen!

Be blessed~

Tina

pastordwight said...

I know I am your Daddy, but I wanted you to know that when I read your post my eyes were flooded with tears. You make me so proud, so thankful that i get to be called your Daddy. In a few short years you will be out of the house in Uganda and I will cry again, cry because you have followed the call of God so well - so closely - you Go Girl... I love you! Daddy

Catalina said...

It is so sad that those children are nobody's yet no one can even adopt them. Is it just that there is simply no agency there to oversee those adoptions, or laws regarding it? Its so sad, that those poor kids are in need the most and have least chance to get a home. Not even an orphanage?

Will and Karly said...

I read this a little late so I will fast TOMORROW. In addition to fasting that the children you met will become adoptable, I am fasting that someone might find US a REFERRAL for a Ugandan little one! Our home study will be done tomorrow! Praying and fasting that the Lord will direct us to the baby He has chosen for us!

Blessings to you,
Karly