Friday, January 28, 2011

breaking in places.


Before every trip,
I pray a prayer like this:

Dear Lord,
Break my heart for what breaks yours,

Give me your eyes for the broken hearted.
Give me your love for the hurting.

Give me your love for the orphans.

Help me to be able to touch them.

Help me to be able to Love them.

Everything I am is yours.

Use me God.


My heart was broken.

It is broken in so many pieces from this trip.


Sometimes I don't understand why it always has to hurt so much.

But if it is not hurting how else would I know He's breaking my heart a little more?

In a few more places.

Using me more.

Working through me.


Using the circumstances, the things I saw.

To change me, but not just me.


To change others.

For me to come home with stories to tell all of you.


To show you all how you're needed there.


To show you that God is calling you to come.


That He needs more people to hear.


To hear about the people with the hurt in their eyes.


To hear about the prostitute who God is changing.


To hear about the little boy in the striped shirt.


To hear about the little orphan crying.



To hear.


To simply just hear.


So that you can pray.


So that you can go.


I think that's why my heart was broken.

I can tell HE is going to use my pain.

I don't think it can ever be whole again.


I'm broken in many places.

being torn apart.
But its a good feeling.

knowing that because of my pain,


More orphans will be held.


More orphans will be loved.

More orphans will know someone cares.

More children in the village will know that there is a God.

More prostitutes will be saved.

More children will be sponsored.


More people will come to know Jesus as their savior.


Oh Yes.


It's worth all the pain in the world.


Break my heart more God.

Break it More.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Beautiful!

Jim and April said...

Yes Lord please continue to break our hearts for what truly breaks Yours. Thanks Emma for this!

Lauren said...

I completely understand this. I wish that it was possible to save all of the orphans, but it's completely in God's hand. Be strong and courageous : ) He will protect them and keep them safe; it's completely in His hands!

Debbie said...

I love your passion for the orphans in Uganda! Keep that passion all of your life and do not stop praying, crying, or being compassionate. I thank the Lord that He is using you and giving you a heart to serve Him and to magnify His name. That is also my prayers that God will break my heart for orphans, show me the great need, fill my heart with great compassion, make my eyes never stop crying for orphans, and allow my children to see the mission field before them and to see a mom and dad who is passionately in love with Christ. BTW- we also have a daughter named Emily whom we call Em.

Catalina said...

Been following your blog for a while, and was hoping that you could help me to put a call to pray for a little boy. Details are here: http://upthehillbothways.blogspot.com/2011/01/prayer-request-4-years-old-suffered.html
Please spread the word, don't have to link to my blog at all, but if you could find prayer warriors for this boy - God will know where they need to go.

Isabel said...

I've just recently come back from a trip to Uganda and know exactly what you're going through. It's so painful - and yet, so necessary!

with you in heart - (planning to go back this year)