Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The boy in the striped shirt...

Today we went into the slums for a feeding program.
Where we hung out and loved on the kids and then fed them lunch!!
There was probably 100+ kids

But there was one little boy in a little striped shirt I fell in love with.
His name is Chivate
I am in love with him!

He is almost four and looks like he is 18months old.
He is sick with a cough and a runny runny nose.
He has a little brother who's leg was broken and will never ever heal.
It is stuck like that,due to the way it was treated it is turned in.

The two brothers were abandoned by there mother.
Just left in the slums.
I held Chivate for a lot of the feeding program..
He snuggled me and I held him close and kept kissing his forehead.

I then realized it he doesn't have a Mom and a Dad.
They abandoned him.
They are Orphans with no one to take care of them.
My heart is breaking..
When I was leaving I had to set him down and tell him goodbye.

Tears were streaming down his face and he was crying and crying.
It hurts my heart so badly..
He is alone tonight with his brother and no one to hold him.
I can picture him snuggled next to his brother in that little mud hut.
His heart aching for a Mom and a Dad.
His heart aching for a family.
His heart aching for someone to love him and to care.

....My heart is aching for them....

If you think of it pray tonight for the little boy in the striped shirt and his brother..







15 comments:

Kim Foo Young said...

oh my heart is broken for stripey boy now too!

Natali said...

Oh my goodness, Emma. I'm praying for little C. Gosh, this breaks my heart.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

I prayed for him! How sad that he cried. :( Thank you for making a difference to him. :)

Blessings,
Joy :)

Anonymous said...

God the Father of the Fatherless will comfort this little one. Praying.

Miss. Jinny said...

Tears are running down my face as I read this Emmie!! I am praying for you and for these two sweet boys!!! I pray that God will continue to open doors for you to love on these sweet babies!! Love you and praying for you!!

Jamie said...

God is working, have faith sweet one \o/
Prayers for the little boy and his little brother, along with the 147 million, kiss him for us

Jill Funkhouser said...

If people want to adopt them where do they go or who should they talk to? thanks so much emma!
Love and prayers
Jill

Catalina said...

My heart is breaking for him as well. I will pray that the good Lord holds them both in his arms tonight and always. Hope that they will find a home. Do children like that ever have a hope of being adopted at all?

Poor things, I just want to weep for them. He is the same age as my son.

becky.coates said...

Dear Emma,
Such a beautiful discription I have tears rolling down my face. Will pray that they get a forever family to love them. Thank you for letting me experience some of what you are seeing and feeling. Take care. love becky xxx

Lauren said...

Hey! I'm around your age and found your blog through your moms. I am praying for your mission's trip as we speak and for all the wonderful, beautiful kids you are meeting there. I also share a passion for seeking Christ and the mission's field. I am preparing to go back to Guyana, South America this April. I can totally relate to what it feels like to meet all of those kids and learn their heartbreaking pasts. Makes you want to take them all back home with you! May God keep you safe as you serve His kingdom : )

www.alwaysand4evrHis.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Oh, Emma! My heart was so moved reading this post. I read it to my mom, and she and my dad are actually talking/praying about a Ugandan adoption because of what you wrote! We all want the boy in the striped shirt and his brother.

Tiffany said...

Oh Emma, my heart is breaking too!!! I'm here visiting from your mom's blog. I've been checking in to read about your trip. You have such an beautiful, amazing heart for such a young lady! I pray that my own daughter is like you some day.

I want to know so much about this little boy and his brother... I want to bring them home to my house. I want to hold them too! Can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you to say goodbye... it would have torn me apart. Is there anyway to help the kids in the slums? Do they get to the orphanages? What will become of these two babies? I have a 4 year old son and a 2 year old daughter, I can't even imagine them all alone with no one to take care of them. It's breaking my heart just thinking about it. Seriously, I can not stop crying! Wish I could hop on a plane now and come wisk them away.

I'm praying for them Emma.... and for you too! God bless your sweet soul!

Jim and April said...

my heart is breaking just reading this. i will pray right now for those two precious boys! oh i wish i could be there to hug them!

Lexie said...

Emma, my heart breaks. This story hit me hard.

God, help that precious baby and his big brother. Hold them tight, Daddy.

carie said...

you bless me with your love and passion for these children.