Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Boy in the Striped Shirt part 2


In Uganda I wrote and told you all the story of the boy in the striped shirt
"Chivate" and his brother who are orphans.

They live in the slums.
Just like the other kids in the slums:

each day life is filled with just trying to survive.

Each day life is filled with wanting someone to love them.
Every night they go to bed with out a Mom or a Dad to tuck them in.
Many of you wrote me and my Mom and asked if they were adoptable.

At the moment they are not - I looked into it while I was there.
A leader of the feeding program has taken them in and been taking care of them for now.

Someday down the road hopefully, Lord willing, they will be adoptable :)

I fell so in love with him as he cuddled in my lap.

Longing for love.

He snuggled closer trying to get as much love from me holding him can give.

He willingly let anybody hold him.

Just wanting some love.

My heart is broken for him and his brother.

He is so little to face the world without a Mommy or a Daddy.

Without a big sister to hold him and spoil him.

He is 3 yrs old.

Weights probably 14 pounds.

He is tiny tiny.

So skinny.
So sad.
He is hurting.

If you could pray with me that both him and his brother would be able to be adopted and find that love and also find the love of Jesus! As he gets older that he would forgive his Mom for hurting him and be able to accept the love of a Mommy again.

My heart is broken for him.

Is he at the feeding program today?

Is he being held by a volunteer or are things so busy that he is not noticed?

Please pray for him and his brother today.

10 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

Praying with you Emma! How long until you get to go be a momma to those kiddos?

becky.coates said...

oh boy, he is beautiful.I cried from the moment I saw the picture. Will remember him in my prayers. Thank you for the picture.xxx

Melissa said...

I am praying with you as well Emma! My heart breaks when I look at the photos. We are in the process of adopting now, but it is taking soooo long. How I long to hold my babies in my arms! I pray for the orphan... that God would move His people to open their hearts and their homes to these precious children!

I have enjoyed "getting to know" you and your mom through your blogs, and my heart has been forever changed just seeing your passion for the orphan!

May God continue to bless you!

Sherri said...

This breaks my heart. I am praying with you! I love seeing your heart for the orphan. My little girl is 11 and she has already told me that she will choose adoption as her path to becoming a mom. It makes me so proud to know that you guys get it. I wish I had gotten it when I was my daughters age or your age. God bless you!

Jody said...

Emma,
I don't know you except from the blog world but I would like to thank you for sharing your heart.

Every time I read your blog I am touched and challenged.I then cry and read your post to my husband and children ages 12,10,& 5 who then cry with me.

You are an inspiration to so many. The Lord has very special plans for you.

Jody said...

Emma,
I only know you from the blog world but I want to thank you for sharing your heart.

Every time I read you blog I am convicted, challenged, and reminded of all the beautiful children that need a home.

Your stories remind me of why my husband and I are anxiously waiting for our adoption to be final, so we can travel to DRC and bring home our two precious children.

You have a beautiful servant heart, and the Lord has special plans for you.

Hanna said...

I am praying with you!You have big warm heart for the orphans! YHWH bless you.

Hanna said...

I am praying with you! You have big warm heart for the orphans! YHWH bless you.

Jim and April said...

my heart is broken, tears, i want to hold him and his brother and all the others and give them love! Have you all decided when your going back, i would LOVE to join, Lord willing!

Suzette said...

I began praying some time ago for God to break my heart for the things that break his. He did and now it is so hard to see pictures of these babies. You are an amazing young woman and I appreciate your love for the orphan and the way you advocate for them. Each evening as we pray for those with no mommies and daddies my mind will now be drawn to this sweet boy. Praying he is cared for and adoptable soon. Oh how I would love to go on the trip with you next time!