Thursday, December 9, 2010

Just ASK!!




As we prepare to go, this January 2011 (to my sweet country)

we have meetings,to prepare the team and build a team before we even get to Uganda.

Last night we met at the church as a team.


We have 3 team members joining us from the bloggy world.

We were able to either skype or talk on the phone to them as well.

After the meeting was over nobody even wanted to leave,

we just sat around and talked and talked

we are already starting to make some great friendships!



I'm so excited for this trip that my Dad and I are leading.

I am thrilled beyond words.

But then again when am I not excited to go back to where God has called me?!

The people are amazing.

I can't wait to meet the ones across the states who will be joining us.


Tonight we have another fundraiser - we are having another bake sale at the church!


Tonight the Bar D Wranglers are coming to play a Cowboy Christmas -

there will be hundreds of people - the church will be packed!



So although this might sound strange - would you pray that people would be hungry and want to purchase some snacks?



I'm asking you to pray that people will be generous and willing to give!!



I'm asking you to pray this because of this verse:


Matthew 7:7

"Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you."



I'll keep you updated on how the bake sale turns out!!!




3 comments:

natali said...

I will certainly pray with you! Those people's stomachs need to be growling! :)

Amber said...

I was and have been praying. Looking forward to hearing how it turned out!

Lexie said...

Giirrrl! I pray in the name of JESUS that they all forget to eat dinner and come SUPER HUGNRY. ;)

I wish with all my heart I was one of those "bloggy friends" that are coming, again!!! But I know that my time will come again...some day (PLEASE SOONER THAN LATER, Lord!)

Love you!
Lex