Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Emmamarie" returns...

I'm so excited for January, I just can't stand it. It's in my thoughts, mind, heart, and everywhere I look!! Just three short months and I'll be back holding my "babies" and hugging my kids, who call me "Emmamarie". In Uganda "Emma" is a boy's name so I've been told, and asked if I was a boy way too many times:).


I decided to tell everyone my name is "EmmaLee" in Uganda.
But some how the people can't quite understand "EmmaLee" so they call me "Emmamarie" and I think thats simply precious and adorable!! When I walk through one of my favorite parts of Uganda, Ssenge Village, everyone knows my name and comes out to see that "Emmamarie" has returned...


The excitement in me is building: beautiful dark skin, to see their gleeming smilies ,their bare feet, their torn clothing, their contagious happiness, - All welcoming me back! I can only dream of, in just a year and a half, their greeting me and this time I can hear it in my mind...them saying..."Welcome Home Emmamarie".


I'm not saying I'll be moving exactly to Ssenge Village but definitely visiting all the time!! I'm not sure yet where in Uganda God is calling me...But I can tell you that it's exciting and I'll be telling you every bit of my story!! Stay tuned:)

5 comments:

Kim Foo said...

yay! so excited for your missions trip emma! praying for you

natali said...

i love what God is doing in you! :)

Tammy said...

I started reading your blog via your mom's blog. I love hearing your excitement for God's future for you!

Have you ever checked out this blog?

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2010/09/for-with-much-wisdom-comes-much-sorrow.html

It's another one that I follow and pray for.

Jamie said...

This is beautiful... I found your blog via your mum's blog and admire your faith, determination and love!
Blessings.
j
www.gfinkfamily.blogspot.com
Beneath the Acacia Tree

*Overflowing* said...

Soooo excited for you! Your last post had me in tears...it was sooo beautiful!!

We hope to visit Uganda in the summer. Our agency just opened an orphanage and we can't wait to go and serve!!

I will be praying for your trip!
(btw...I just adore your mama!!)