Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Come On Lets Make Some Rag Dolls :))

So I've been thinking and well at random times in the day my mind wonders everywhere one minute I'm thinking about a friend the next its watermelon yes very random..Well the other day when I was at my burned out house I picked up my little rag doll Ida bean..
That's when I got an idea..What if I asked my bloggy friends and there friends to make a rag doll for the little girls in Uganda? And inside everyone they make they tuck a little piece of paper of a prayer for that girl that would receive it in Uganda?! They are super simple to make as I have made several myself! So anyone in? The dolls I would take in October/November this year when I went back with my Mom or Dad :) The girls in Uganda don't have any toys and I think this would mean so much to these little girls! Are you in?


10 comments:

Tiffany said...

If you'll teach me, I'll give it a shot! Do you have a pattern I can borrow?

sister said...

yea you'd have to teach me too!

Chris and Sarah said...

Emma,
i would love to do this. Can someoen that doesn't know how to sew make one? Can you give us directions on how to do it. Maybe I could get my mom to help.

Robin said...

Great idea Emma! I got an easy pattern off etsy. bitofwhimsydolls or www.bitofwhimsydolls.com I made some chocolate ones for my daughters and they LOVE them.

Sarah the Kool Kid said...

Oh, that's such a good idea! lol, I wish I knew how to make a rag doll

Anna said...

Man I can tottaly understand your thoughts being random..I'm the same way! Hmm,I love rag dolls. I wonder if I could do something like that for when I go to Cambodia. Good luck!

Tammie Searching said...

This is such a great idea. I found a super easy pattern at http://missyballance.typepad.com/crafty_carnival/2007/02/free_doll_patte.html I recommend using already colored fabric and that would cut out a few steps. If you don't know how to embroider use fabric paint pens or permanent makers to draw the face.

Lexie said...

i am in!

Melissa said...

What a great idea! I've never made one but i'll see if i can do it!

Margaret said...

Hi Em,
I sent you an email about making some dolls for missions. I think this is one of the greatest ideas to tell children about Jesus' love for them. In fact our church family is also doing this. Please let me hear from you about making some for you to give to children.

God bless
Margaret