Thursday, April 9, 2009

Collecting for Orphans Bean*e Babies




Hey Everyone :),Im heading back to Uganda in just about 1 month and 19 days!! YIKES :) I am so excited!! This will be my 3rd time there in less then a year!! And well the bean*e babies that some of you helped collect have been such a hit that I am asking that you guys would help collect some more!! Last July I took 200+ and the children loved them!! Well a few months ago Jessica one of my good friends who lives in Uganda(serving with African Hearts) wrote me and said this "The other day I was walking in the village carrying a sack on my head and I looked over and saw a little girl carrying one too and i looked and thought what is on her sack i realized it was one of the bean*e babies that Emma had brought!"

The children love them as they don't have any toys!! I also took them to several orphanages and would love to be able to take some more back to the kids this time!! So if you have any bean*e babies that are in good condition and you want to send them this way :) the mailing address is -
Emma Saunders c/o the River Church 860 Plymouth Drive Durango,CO 81301

* *

14 comments:

Sailor and Co said...

you are a DARLING!!!!!

Sarah the Kool Kid said...

Ooooh, I wish I had some to send!

Live4him said...

You know, I just might have some from when i was little! Tomorrow I will raid my closet for any trace of them. Hopefully i can find some and be able to help u and those children out =)

Chris and Sarah said...

Emma,
I just bought some on Ebay for you to take. I'm sending you a email.

Shonni said...

Hi Emma, my daughter and I are also going on the mission trip with you. I am Ms. Shonni and my daughter is 15 year old Kalyn. This is a great idea and I was wondering if there are any other things that we can bring that would be nice. Could you email me at
shassoldt@msn.com
Thank you!

Denise said...

Hi Emma,

I just found your blog and I wondered if it's too late to send Beanie Babies to you. If not, I'd love to send some.

Lexie said...

Oh, i need to raid the attic for that sack of beanie babies that i just know is some where up there! my grandmother used to own a store and sold tons of those cute little things...and of course...we ended up with LOTS of our own!!

Uganda in 37 days!!!

Becky said...

Sent you an email... boy do I have some beanie babies for you!

tmm said...

Emma, I came from your mom's blog....

I would love to help. My daughters and I will see whatwe can find and get them mailed to you by th eend of the weekk!!!

Tammy

Nicole said...

We are gathering up ours and will send them! What a great idea, my four kiddos are loving this!
We will get them in the mail in a day or two!

Holly said...

Ooooh, I love this idea! I have 3 boys and they all love beanie babies! They love them more than regular sized stuffed animals. We are going to send you some! I can't wait to tell them!

Kristi O said...

This is so much fun! We sent ours off today! Blessings Emma!

Kristi O said...

This is so much fun! We sent ours off today! Blessings Emma!

Amy Genn said...

Do they have to be Beanie Babies?
I'm sure I can come up with a box of small stuffed animals! But they might not all be BB's.
Let me know...I'll get them in the mail to you next week.
:)