Thursday, September 4, 2008

An Open Door Family Home Orphanage...

While I was in Uganda I visited a few orphanages. One of them was "An Open Door Family Home". I visited it with my Dad and some people we met at Namirembe hotel. We got to talking to them and they invited us to visit the Orphanage with them. Who as we found out are actually working for Compassion International in Austrailia! How cool is that??! Before visiting it my Dad and me ran up and stuffed as many beany babies in our backpacks as possible.It was a few miles from the hotel so we decided we would walk. It was way out in the country through little narrow dirt roads and tiny villages.When we arrived we met the director of the orphanage who's name is Bethan,She is from Europe and came and had visited and eventually fell in love with a Ugandian man. They are now happily married and running this orphanage. They are truly an amazing couple...The kids greeted us with smiling faces and hands streched out they couldn't wait to hug us and play with us. We loved on the kids for awhile and then the "Momma's" (workers) gathered the kids together so we could present them a gift. The kids all lined up on the stairs and couldn't wait to see what we had got for them. I thought you would like to see some pictures of these kids who truly grabbed my heart...




No comments: